Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ok here's the verdict

First before I go into details I must say I was RAKed by a very nice person Beth. I was very surprised to see this pattern in the mail yesterday. I love getting surprises.

I also love to torment people can you tell.

Ok so I went to the hospital and hour away. They were 45 minutes late in seeing me which is not unusual. So I finally get in and they hook me all up to the machines and start to interrogate the pacemaker. Well this takes for ever even if there is NO new information. Ok so that finally downloads and the doc (who I am not overly fond of) came in to see what was happening. He sat on a chair on the other side of the room and never moved. Usually the docs check different things and see for them selves what is going on with the pacemaker.

So anyway he sits there and looks at the printouts they give him. Which I don't think were everything he needed but oh well. So he says the battery life has gone down since May of this year but that there is nothing to worry about. He knows that I don't trust this pacemaker at all and that I have (as have many others) felt this was defective since day one. He asked me if something at the bowling alley could have interfered with the pacer to make it beep. I told him know this happened Sunday night at home watching TV. SO then he says to me are you sure it was the device?

No I just felt like calling you up and complaining for no reason at all and saying that I needed to be seen cause I didn't want to wait till November 4. How stupid do they think I am? Don't answer that. So they finally decide that the pacer has showed nothing at all not even the alarms going off so I can come back in 6 months. Then he decides that since I have an appointment November 4 I should keep that and see them again then. In the mean time my Nov appointment was cancelled and given away. I am supposed to see the Electrophysiologist that day as well. THe pacer clinic said since they were booked that day the EP doc would have to change his date to see me. I THINK NOT SORRY.

So after talking with the EP doc briefly he decided to see me today instead of Nov 4 ( I was really hoping he would since I was there. But I didn't want to ask). So he was thrilled with the news that I have not had any arrhythmia's since Jun 20 and that I now have a life as well and I am doing so much better. He said that he was really worried about me cause he felt I was on the verge of a nervous break down. He said that he tried to make stupid jokes (his words not mine) to help relieve some of the tension but realized it only mad things worse and I was even more upset. Which apparently really upset him (I knew that just by the way he would spend extra time with me. He didn't have to admit it). You don't find many doctors like that anymore. He said that at some point we will reduce the amount of medication I am taking (I would only take it Monday to Friday) and see how well that works. I must have had a horrified look on my face because he laughed and said not now maybe when I see him in January but we will talk and negotiate things together. So all in all I guess it was good news all around. It still burns me that they don't believe me with the pacemaker. Oh well I won't worry the next time it beeps.

I must go to bed now I have been up since 5 this morning and only got an hours rest this afternoon. Tomorrow I will post pictures of my fair entries since they go Thursday night.

Hey not bad three days in a row.

2 comments:

Sandy P said...

Oh Kathy, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. It's not easy talking to Dr's esp when they won't listen. That was nice of the one who said he was sorry, it must have been on his mind since the last visit for him to admit it. Keep your chin up, we care.. Love Sandy p.

Unknown said...

Kathy the main thing with this is you are doing ok. I'm always glad to read you e-mails and such. you always put a smile on my face.

love you much

kaghos