Sunday, September 7, 2008

Latest finish

Well this is my most recent finish. It was done Friday I think. It is one of the Victoria Sampler Kits where you learn Hardanger in stages. I think this one is level 4-5 but I am not sure off the top of my head. It was an interesting one to learn (not really difficult). I highly recommend those kits to anyone who would like to learn Hardanger. Saturday I finished the outline of a Cross bookmark that I will be taking to my class on September 13 to learn how to put the stitches in properly. I will also have a second bookmark done and ready to go and that probably will be it unless I take the Victoria Sampler kit (one of level 5) that has Greek Crosses in it to do. Oh yeahby the way did I mention I HATE Greek Crosses.

Things are still pretty good with me health wise. It is coming up to 8 weeks arrhythmia free which is great but I knew things could only be so good for so long. The other shoe finally dropped today. Tonight as I was watching TV my pacemaker beeped twice. This means the battery is low and needs to be replaced soon. Tomorrow I will call the Cardiologist and the Electrophysiologist and see what needs to be done and how soon. I want to wait till after September 20 as that is after the two fall fairs and about 3 weeks before the last one. If I don't get to put stuff in the last one that is ok since I haven't paid my entry fee yet.

I am so glad that I see Martha this week cause I will need it after I finish with the docs tomorrow.

Tuesday I think I will bring the sewing machine up and put to gether the stuff I have made and then just put in my box to finish later. Maybe now I need to not only complete my stitching but also complete the entire project as well.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Kathy,
The VS piece is beautiful and the stitching is exquisite! Keep up the wonderful work. You are an inspiration!

I was so saddened to hear you will have to undergo surgery to replace the pacemaker battery. Please take care of yourself! That is the most important thing right now.

Love,
Beth

Debra said...

Kathy, that is just beautiful!!!
Debra in Indiana

Dawn B. said...

This is very nice...Congrats on the finish.

Meari said...

Congrats on your finish. It's really pretty.