Sunday, December 21, 2008

Snow and stuff

OK well I promised last night that I would show a picture of our snow fall from Friday but with having a new printer.scanner etc it took me too long to figure out how to load my pictures in and I wanted to watch the hockey game. It was Toronto Maple Leafs vs Pittsburgh Penguins. Leafs won 7 to 3.

So here is the picture looking down our drive way (we can fit 4 cars in it) from the garage. Across the street is the community college. You can see the amount of snow we got. We had some more snow today but nothing much mostly just drifting. I will try and get a picture of my front lawn if it is not too cold tomorrow.



Here is a picture of our poor little Christmas tree that has been sitting out in the back yard for the last month. I had to bring it in yesterday so that it would be dry enough for us to decorate today.



As you can see from the tree and the height of the barbecue and table we had a fair amount of snow and some drifting.

This picture is looking outside from inside. You can sort of see the door to the garage and how deep the snow is and looking to the back fence you can see the drifts. That is the bird feeder we have out and a small number of birds around it. We can have anywhere up to 30 birds at a time out there. We get Cardinals (male and female), Blue Jays, Sparrows, Finches, Mourning Doves and Dark Eyed Juncos.
The picture was taken looking out my parents bedroom window.



So here is our poor drying out real tree. Looks not to bad I suppose. Well Mackenzie and I ( mostly me) decorated it today. Most of the wooden Santa's my father carved.



The mail man we have is very lazy. He never reads the addresses properly on the mail. We get things for people who don't even live in our city. So yesterday there was a knock at the door. It was the next door neighbour. My parcel from Beth was delivered there by mistake. Well this is what I got. Lots of hardanger patterns and Hardanger material. I have never used actual hardanger fabric so this should be interesting and fun. I will of course be very busy in the new year with hardanger projects. Which is great cause I joined the Christmas Ornament Challenge for next year. I can't wait to get started on them all. THANK you so much Beth they are wonderful. MIght not be able to wait till after Christmas and get the fourth biscornu square done. Might have to do them now especially if it continues to snow.







Here is a little better picture of my Pointsettia Biscornu that I did in the reds. It is out of the Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornaments 2008 issue. The designer is Kitty and Me. I used Mint Green 32 ct Belfast (I think but it could be Lugana) Linen. The floss was DMC Variations numbers 4200 (red) and 4045 (green), the beads are Mill Hill 02011 (antique gold).




I am sorry to thank Carol for the lovely Christmas card I received on Thursday. Thank you very much Carol and I hope your mother is feeling better. I know what it is like to have surgery the way she did.

2 comments:

Debra said...

nice gifts and congrats on the finish.

Debra in Indiana

Meari said...

Lots of snow... Just like here. Nice stitchy package you got! Stay warm. :)